Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Great McAlpin Redecking Project -- Day 7


The Flush-R-Ator
Originally uploaded by The Faderjockey.

First, a bit of housekeeping. Old photosets that are chronicling previous days have been archived into one large photoset, as Flickr (my image host) only allows three photosets per standard (free) user. I will continue to house the most recent day's activites in a different set, and move those photos to the larger archive, when I post a new day's photos.

So, this is where we are. The deck is down, and ready to be painted. The next day or two will be paint-prep days for me. The crew has gone away again and it is back to just me once more. The next step in the process will be to crawl the stage and check each nail to ensure that they are all flush with the deck, if not countersunk. In the day's photoset, you can see my wonderful invention, the Flush-R-Ator, which will help me in this process. Included are also more clean-deck pics, another shot of the "Grand Canyon," and some pics of the damage done to the facing of the stage when the crew tried to shoot nails into concrete. A 2x4 and some j/c later, you get the white-ish mishmash shown. Hopefully, a little more j/c, a sander, and some glossy black paint will leave the spot looking spiffy. We are nearly there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home